- Children’s: www.puffindigitalprize.co.uk and Kelpies Prize.
- Flash Fiction: Indies Unlimited hosts a weekly 250-word max. prompt competition – see Indies Unlimited. Also see ‘Short stories’ below.
- Flash Fiction: Writer Austin Briggs runs a monthly 55-word competition (different theme each month). It’s free to enter and you can win $55 (of his own money!).
- Mixed: Christian magazine ‘Pockets‘ has a different theme per month.
- Mixed: www.untoldlondon.org.uk, www.sumlitsem.org, www.scpsw.co.uk, www.gracedieuwriterscircle.co.uk, www.watermill.net (Posara Prize).
- Mixed (novels & short story collections): iWriteReadRate and Cornerstones Literary Consultancy (http://www.voteformyebook.com) are offering a monthly social competition to members of the community – see ‘Monthly’ towards the end of this page.
- Non-fiction: Countryside Article Competition.
- Novels: Acorn Independent Press Crime Novel, Crime Writers Association Debut Dagger.
- Poetry: Norwich Writers’ Circle Annual Open, Straid Collection Award, Writing / Writers’ News magazines, www.templarpoetry.co.uk/awards, www.wardwoodpublishing.co.uk (Lumen/Camden Poetry Comp),
- Screenwriting: Canada-based Wildsound run monthly screenwriting competitions.
- Script: The Imison Award and www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission.
- Short stories: The Bath Short Story Award opened October 2012 for entries – see ‘March’.
- Short stories: Hayley Sherman runs a monthly short story competition for submissions on any subject up to 2,000 words. The winners are published on the website, promoted online and receive a £10 First Writer voucher. All entrants are also considered for publication in The New Short Story Annual at the end of the year. Deadline 25th of the month. Heather Marie Schuldt runs a similar contest, although 500-750 words max., but with the same deadline.
- Short stories: BBC, Emerald Flash Fiction, Five Stop Story, Glimmer Train (different category each month), and Writing Magazine.
See http://morgenbailey.wordpress.com/competitions-calendar for regularly-held (weekly, monthly, quarterly etc) and competitions later in the year.